Hey there reader! You may already know me from my bookstagram account (@my.lifewithbooks), but if you don’t – welcome! My name is Katie and I am a bookaholic. Now that pretty much sums me up – but for you, I will delve deeper into letting you know who the girl typing behind her computer screen is.
First things first, I try to be the nicest version of myself that I can ever possibly be. This can be pretty hard for an awkward 16-year-old girl, because I find it hard to – you know – talk to people. Nevertheless though, I do try. I usually tend to overdo the ‘exclamation point,’ because I don’t like how final the ‘period’ is. I also write in long sentences with many dashes in the middle – so bear with me (hahaha see what I did there). I also aspire to be the quick-minded and witty character from some of our favorite books, which results in me trying to banter with people who don’t always appreciate it and laughing at my own jokes when I do.
As if being overwhelmed with my constantly growing TBR pile isn’t enough, I’m being overwhelmed with the many different hobbies that I enjoy. I’m constantly trying to juggle my time between soccer, school, photography, bookstagram, hanging out with friends, blogging, volleyball, painting and drawing, doing my makeup, reading, and literally everything else *sigh*. So basically, I can’t answer the question “what do you do in your free time?” because I DONT HAVE ANY. Oh and there’s that. I like to write in all caps sometimes. You could say it makes me feel ~powerful~.
Inspired from one of my bookstagram and blogging friends Joel, (@fictionalfates, fictionalfates.com) I’m going to share 7 facts about me because (honorary-mention fact) my favorite and lucky number is the number 7. I might also add in my personal aesthetic (honorary-mention fact #2) because I LOVE making aesthetics.
- My personality type is the INFJ type (I seriously recommend you go take the test and tell me what you are in the comments 😉 16personalities.com), but sometimes i think I have a hint of the INTJ type in there too.
- I play both soccer and volleyball pretty seriously and I love them both equally. I don’t think I would ever be able to pick between the two.
- My favorite season is spring because I love flowers and blossoms and just the smell the air gets when the snow is melting and the flowers are blooming.
- I want to study something in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field but I’m not exactly sure what yet. I think I want to study at this little college just outside of New York City in Hoboken, New Jersey and I’m in love with it.
- I use a DSLR camera (Nikon D3400) and I mainly just use it as a point and shoot but I would love to learn more about the technical features when I get a chance.
- I love reading about different types of mythologies (I type as I watch the Crash Course mythology series on youtube because it’s so interesting).
- I’m obsessed with Europe. Someday I want to be able to travel all of the beautiful places in Europe like London, Scotland, Ireland, Paris, Wales, Amsterdam, Spain, Italy, Rome, Greece (I realize I just listed off an unorganized lists of both cities and countries; yes, it bothers me too).
So there you have it! A little bit about me. Shoot me a DM or email so that we can chat about literally everything and become friends!